Cripple Fear, Don't Let Fear Cripple You

Fear doesn’t have control over you. Fear isn’t a controlling force, unless you allow it to be. That’s your choice. ⠀⠀

I have never been one to adventure out on my own. I always seemed to stay inside my comfort zone with the people I was comfortable with. Then one day the Lord spoke to me. I realized I would never grow if I didn't face fears and get outside my own comfortability. Have you been there? Fear keeping you from doing something you wanted to do? or maybe even what the Lord wanted you to do? 

While writing this I was sitting waiting for a connection flight. Little did people know this was the first time I had ever done anything alone. Traveling, eating out, going shopping... I was always so scared to be alone. I often write about giving everything to the Lord and allowing Him to be your strength. So I figured I should practice what I preach. I booked a flight to go to Idaho to see my very best friend. My hands were literally shaking when I hit the "Complete Order" button to buy my tickets. The night before I left I was begging  my husband to go with me. I was letting fear get the best of me. Every thought was negative and focusing on what could possibly go wrong. During this battle with the devil the Lord spoke, Cripple fear don't let fear cripple you. You have the authority inside you to take control. I decided at that point to put my big girl panties on and smack fear in the face. You know what happened? I had the absolute best trip of my life. I loved being alone and making my own decisions. I loved the quiet and getting to pick exactly where I wanted to eat (lol). It was wonderful getting to spend time with my very best friend. The trip was amazing. I would have never gotten to experience it if I had stayed home, or even brought someone with me for that matter.  


I’m thankful that fear didn’t cripple me. I crippled fear. How? By smacking it in the face with Truth. The person of Jesus Himself. You see fear runs in the sight of boldness. Fear is crippled by the power of Jesus. Don’t let fear deceive you in thinking it has control. That’s a lie from the enemy. Pick the voices you are listening to in your head. Be bold my friends. Cripple fear, you can do it! 

I will leave you with a couple challenges:

1. Do something that has scared the crap out of you for a long time. You will soon find out fear is a liar.

2. Speak Truth over your fears, every one of them. Truth? You find it in scripture. The written word of our powerful God.

3. Write out your fears, then beside each one write out an action step to overcome them. For me it was traveling across the US by myself. For you it could be applying for a job. Whatever it is, just do it!


Cripple fear my friends, you will be forever grateful that you did! Then come back and comment how you did it! I would love to hear from you!

Love,
Jenna Atchley ⠀

Comments

  1. Great words sis!! So thankful for you and that you are doing what God has ask you to do:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m definitely going to do these challenges! Awesome and great post to read ! 😊
    Xoxo Annaleid

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the encouragement!!! I am so glad you enjoyed the challenges!!!

      Delete
  3. Great post reminding us that beyond fear, beautiful gifts are waiting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think writing them all out is such a great idea, I need to try that! It can be really hard - but SO important to find a way to move past your fears

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I learn best from writing! When I decided to write them down it served as a reminder for later days and also getting them into my mind to begin with!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts