It's Perfectly Ok To Mess UP!

Guess what?! It’s perfectly ok to mess up. We as “Christians” or the “ Christians” around you often times paint a picture that everything has to be perfect. Our choices. Our teachings. Our prayers. Our time. Everything. Painting a picture that God is someone in the sky, sitting on a throne, waiting for you to mess up. Yet, that’s far from the truth. 

If the Lord truly held us to a standard of perfection then would we actually be living in freedom? If we think we have to be perfect, act perfect in everything we do, we are actually living condemned by the law. Scripture says “Where the Spirit of the Lord is there is freedom.” Religion likes to teach us that we have a bunch of laws or rules to follow. Relationship tells us that Jesus set boundaries to keep us safe. Whats the difference? ALOT! Laws are a set of rules to follow. that when broken you are huge trouble. When we are following a bunch of laws we are actually living out of control or fear. Boundaries, just as a fence, keep you safe from whats on the outside. These boundaries are out of love to protect you. Not having sex before marriages isn't a rule to be broken anymore, you see it as a boundary for your PROTECTION out of Jesus' unconditional love for you. You stay within these set boundaries because one, you realize they are out of His love for you, and two because you love Him! Big difference! Boundaries are not seen except through a relationship! Boundaries allow you see grace and mercy. The law see condemnation and fear.

He uses YOUR messes. He’s there in them. The devil wants you to fear being imperfect to stop you from putting actions to your faith. Just do it. If you mess up. The Lord will use it. He does in my life ALL the time. Let me give you an example: I thought the Lord had told me this certain girl had a knee problem and He wanted me to pray for her to be healed. So I boldly walked up to her and I was COMPLETELY wrong. I missed it. But do you know what happen from it? She realized the Lord speaks, not only speaks but speaks about her. She learned that the Lord loves her. Many would say maybe I was a false prophet or screwed up. You know what mattered to God in that moment? My heart. The positioning of it. Her soul. Her eternity. Don’t be scared to "fail" my friends. It’s by His power not yours. He will make it work whether you "fail" or not. What is something you can do today to face your fear of messing up?

Comments

  1. So true I have made many mistakes in my life and God has been their to catch me or lift me back up many times :) SO thankful he loves me through my failures !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comment! You are 100% correct, His grace abounds!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts