My Friends, You Know Better!!



  Negativity use to be my thing. Seriously. I was so negative that I couldn’t enjoy anything in life. I was either mad or worried, stressed or sad. Negative thoughts seemed to override every thought in my mind. Can anyone relate to this?! It feels as if there is no way to escape the thoughts rapidly taking over your brain? The negative seems to be more comfortable at this point right? You wake up and think  "How bad is today going to be?". The moment you open your eyes everything that could go wrong blasts before you. It becomes a daily struggle to find will power to keep going. Girl, I know EXACTLY the way you feel. I lived it for years of my life!


You know what changed that for me? There was a moment in my life I got tired of it. There was a moment I realized that this whole time I had been trying to fight on my own. A moment I knew there had to be more to everyday life. So I set out on a journey to discover this very thing. It is all about your mindset, fully surrendering to Jesus and knowing YOU have control! Let's talk about some way that I found worked for getting my life back! 


#1 Renewing My Mind 
      Renewing your mind is a life long process, that doesn't seem easy but it's SIMPLE! You see the Lord Himself has given us the ability for our words to hold life or death in them. So what you speak over yourself either creates life or death. Renewing your mind starts with speaking the opposite of all these negative thoughts flooding your mind. For example, you think "Today is going to be absolutely awful" , you speak ( out loud over yourself)  "The Lord has blessed me with this day, it is going to be great!" .

#2 Declaration 
   Declaration are God given truths you speak over yourself daily! These are the things you write on sticky notes and put them on your mirror. These are life changing. It may sound silly, it did to me at first, but they work. I can personally attest to them. I still do this in my own life! Examples of declarations:
I am Beautiful
I am Bold
I am Enough
I am Loved
I am Valued

and the list goes on and on..

#3 Fully Surrender 
  This could be a whole blog post on it's own. So for now I will keep it short. Giving your life to Jesus is what is ultimately going to change your life. Giving it all to Him. Maybe you are already a Christian and going through this, ummm so was I. We have to daily surrender every area of our lives to Jesus. Knowing He has everything under control and He is ALWAYS out for our good! Speak that to yourself my friends.


Giving it to Jesus and speaking declarations over myself. Reading scripture and speaking it out loud. You see, renewing your mind is a process. It’s taking captive EVERY thought. Speaking the opposite the moment the negative thought comes into your head. Knowing the Lord wants what’s best for you. He has EVERYTHING under control, more than we ever could. I’m not saying I never have a negative thought come through my mind. What I am saying is I’m an overcomer and Jesus has already won the battle for me. Bye bye Negativity, Hello Kingdom mindset! 


Also, enjoy the laundry room picture with a mess in the background! It’s great!

Comments

  1. Such a great post! Negativity is a beast. Renewing and refreshing our minds is crucial to combat crummy feelings. Reminding ourselves who we are in Christ changes everything.
    Have an awesome day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!!! You are 100% correct! Have a blessed day!

      Delete
  2. You are such an encouragement. I am grateful for your obedience to God.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts